Sublime Strawberry Oat Bars
Oh what a week it’s been. From losing power for 5 days, to the awkward mid-work week holiday, I’ve been feeling all out of sorts running around in all different directions. It’s no wonder that I came down with a cold as a result. Nonetheless, I am on the upswing and finally plugged back in to the world.
So although this was meant to be a 4th of July post, it will have to come as a retroactive one. The following is a recipe is for Strawberry Macadamia Bars. Summer is the season for strawberries, so now is the time to take advantage!
Strawberry Oat Bars
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- pinch of sea salt
1. Pulse dates, nuts, oats, and salt in a food processor until combined.
2. Press the date mixture into the bottom of a 9×5 pan.
3. Mash half the strawberries to spread on top of the date mixture.
4. Top with remaining strawberries and cut into rectangles.
Like all bars with few ingredients, these are easy to make. The most difficult part is spreading the date mixture in the pan, which can be quite sticky. The macadamia nuts in these bars give them a sweetness that is heavenly and paradoxically sinful. I defy you to have just one!
What did you do to celebrate Independence Day this year? Did you make something all-American? Watch the fireworks in San Diego explode all at once?? Let me know in the comments!